- Mass Behavioral Health Help Line – 833-773-2445 (can call or text) for both mental health and substance abuse help.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Rights – national organization for changing policies and laws for people with mental illness
- MA Department of Mental Health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- National Empowerment Center – Mission: To carry a message of recovery, empowerment, hope and healing to people with lived experience with mental health issues, trauma, and extreme states.
- The Transformation Center – A statewide training, peer support, policy and best practice center operated by and for people with lived experience of mental health, substance use and trauma recovery.
- Samaritans Suicide Hotline – (877) 870-4673
- Narcotics Anonymous Drop In Center – 62 Kendall Street, Framingham , Meets: Wednesdays at 7:45 p.m., Mondays at 7 p.m
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings – Eastern Massachusetts
- M2a-Lanon-Alat2en – The center is dedicated to treating and rehabilitating addicts. They created the blog so that you could learn and understand in more detail what alcohol addiction is and how to deal with it.
- Genesis Counseling Services – Outpatient substance abuse treatment in Framingham
- SAFE – a judgement free community organization relentlessly committed to educating and supporting those affected by substance use disorder and mental health concerns across southeastern Massachusetts.
- What Do We Do Now? – Navigating the Substance Abuse System in Massachusetts (2018)
- Substance Abuse Navigator – 24 hour, one-stop support for those in crisis based in Milford
- Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Abuse
- MA Substance Use Helpline – 800-327-5050 – 10pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm weekends.
- Phoenix House – substance abuse treatment agencies with locations in New England
- Gosnold – addiction and substance use disorder treatment located on Cape Cod
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- National Institute on Drug Abuse – NIDA is the lead federal agency supporting scientific research on drug use and addiction.
- Partnership to End Addiction – National resources
- Start Your Recovery – provides helpful information for people who are dealing with substance use issues — and their family members, friends, and co-workers, too.
FYI: The following resources are “.com” websites – i.e. they are businesses. We felt that they have information that may helpful when trying to navigate and help addiction, but we did not evaluate them.
- Assistive Technology
- General Topics, Websites and Databases
- Independent Living Centers
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Mental Health
- PCA and Homemaking
- Sports, Life and Leisure
- State of Massachusetts
- U. S. Government
- Utilities, Phones, Furniture and More