Table Of Contents
- Mass AT Loan Program (MATLP) – low interest cash loans to purchase assistive devices and services.
- MassMATCH – The Massachusetts Initiative to Maximize Assistive Technology in Consumer’s Hands – coordinates Assistive Technology services throughout Massachusetts.
- GetATStuff – the Assistive Technology Exchange in Massachusetts – gets unused assistive technology items into the hands of people who need and can benefit from them. GetATstuff is now part of MassMATCH.
- REquipment (dmereuse.org or www.dmerequipment.org/) – offering free refurbished wheelchairs, scooters, shower chairs and more to adults, children and elders living in Massachusetts. REquipment takes donations.
- Easter Seals Massachusetts – As a leader in Assistive Technology, Easter Seals provides services to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play.
- MA Equipment Distribution Program (MassEDP) – offers specialized telephones, both wireline and wireless to residents who have permanent disabilities.
- Perkins Library – free, accessible public library service that loans audio books, magazines and the equipment necessary to listen to them to any Massachusetts resident having a print disability.
- MA Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing – assistive technology and hearing ear dogs (617)740-1600
- New England Low Vision and Blindness
- Assistive Technology Regional Centers (ATRC)
- Easter Seals Assistive Technology Centers – lending libraries of Assistive Technology (AT). We offer device demonstrations at two locations and have an extensive lending library of devices, which includes equipment, software, and toys, from no and low-tech to high-tech solutions. Residents of Massachusetts can visit our centers to learn about, try out, and borrow AT free of charge, for 30 days
- AT Regional Center at United Cerebral Palsy for Western Massachusetts
- United Spinal Wheelchair Reviews – provides wheelchair users with a neutral environment for wheelchair reviews and information.
- USA Tech Guide – web guide to wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and assistive technology choices. (1/4/2023 – website under construction)
- The Wheelchair Recycler – Contact the Wheelchair Recycler regarding issues used power wheelchairs at little or no expense to the new user. Ashland, MA.
- Accessible Technology for All – promotes full participation in business and society by persons with disabilities through the use of electronic information technology that is universally accessible.
- Section508.gov has resources for understanding and implementing Section 508. Section 508 requires that Federal agencies’ electronic and information technology is accessible to people with disabilities.
- AccessIT – The National Center on Accessible Information Technology in Education (AccessIT) provides resources to help educational entities purchase, develop and use information technology that is welcoming to, accessible to, and usable by everyone, including people with disabilities.
- The Institute for Human Centered Design – governmental educational organization (NGO) committed to advancing the role of design in expanding opportunity and enhancing experience for people of all ages and abilities. The IHCD is based in Boston.
- The Center for Inclusive Design and Environmental Access committed to creating and implementing inclusive design policies, practices, environments, and products.
- Assistive Technology
- General Topics, Websites and Databases
- Independent Living Centers
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Mental Health
- PCA and Homemaking
- Sports, Life and Leisure
- State of Massachusetts
- U. S. Government
- Utilities, Phones, Furniture and More