We are seeking a full-time Independent Living Coordinator to provide the five core services of Independent Living to individuals with disabilities who are either living in the community, or are in a period of transition towards independent living.
- Assessment of an individual’s ability and service needs to live independently
- Provision of the 5 core services of independent living: information and referral, IL skills training, peer counseling, advocacy, and transition.
- Coordination of services with state and community-based agencies.
- Participation in community outreach and advocacy representation activities of the center.
- Documentation of work through narrative and web-based data management programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement service delivery systems, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with diverse populations.
- Personal knowledge of disability issues preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Bi-lingual skills a definite plus.
- Ability to make home visits where physical access may be problematic.
- Must have own reliable transportation and current MA driver’s license.
Experience and Education
- Direct service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)