We are seeking a full-time Community Transition Coordinator to coordinate services for individuals who presently reside in a nursing home or a similar institution, but wish to transition to an independent living setting in the community.
- Provide outreach to persons with disabilities now living in nursing homes, regarding the options available to them for living in the community.
- Provide the five core services of independent living: Information & Referral, IL Skills Training, Peer Counseling, Advocacy, and Transition services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with state agencies and community-based partners, in order to facilitate the services necessary for an individual to experience a smooth and consumer-controlled transition to community living.
- Document work through narrative and web-based data management programs
- Participate in community outreach and advocacy representation activities of the center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement service delivery systems, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of MassHealth, state agencies, and community-based resources available to serve persons with disabilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with diverse populations.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to make home visits in settings where physical access may be problematic.
- Must have own reliable transportation and current MA driver’s license.
Experience and Education
- Direct service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)