We are currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant who is an energetic self-starter, fluent in both English and Spanish, to interact with staff, consumers, callers, and visitors to the center.
Job type: Full time
Salary: $32,000 to $34,000 a year
- Greets consumers and other visitors to the center, and conducts to appropriate area or person
- Answers incoming phone calls, routes callers to appropriate staff members, or the voice mail system
- Promptly distributes correspondence, memos, faxes, and forms
- Assists staff members with clerical tasks, such as filing, typing, copying, scanning and data entry, as needed
- Maintains the filing system for consumer files
- Maintains upkeep of front office area, conference room, kitchen area, and supply closets and cabinets
- Maintains office supply inventory, requisitions, and verifies receipt of supplies
- Maintains and update mailing lists, assists in the production of labels, provides primary support for all mailings
- Maintains inventory of center assets
- Receives, date stamps, sorts and distributes incoming mail
- Prepares outgoing mail with proper postage and ensures pickup by mail carrier
- Monitors postage and mailing supplies
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments for the conference room
- Assists in planning functions, meetings, and other activities of the center, including providing assistance for refreshments setup and cleanup
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements calling for repairs and maintaining equipment inventories
- May assist callers/visitors who are requesting basic information about disability related issues, a specific situation of need, and/or independent living resources and services
- Documents work through internal database management system (WILD)
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively present information, both orally and in writing to consumers, visitors, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Demonstrated proficiency with commonly used computer systems and programs, including Microsoft office, Email, Internet services and database systems
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong alphabetization skills
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish – written and verbal
MetroWest Center for Independent Living is a 501(C) (3) non-profit organization, providing services to individuals with disabilities in the MetroWest area of the state. We are based in Framingham.
MWCIL is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong commitment to employing individuals with diverse backgrounds. Qualified individuals with disabilities, veterans, persons of color, and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.